Thursday 19 March 2009

I'm Glad I Pay My Taxes

Today I heard endless radio adverts for the ‘Policing Pledge’.

I’ve checked it out: It’s pathetic NuLab spin. A list of things the police should be bloody well doing anyway. Here it is:

http://cms.met.police.uk/met/boroughs/ealing/04how_are_we_doing/news/policing_pledge_pledge_and_deliver

What a waste of taxpayers’ cash. But no, it get’s worse.

Yesterday I was bombarded by radio adverts by the DVLA telling me to remember to inform them if I move house. Oh thank God they told me. Never would have worked that out.

But best of all, last week – and I am still pinching myself as I post this – on one day I heard several adverts by the NHS telling me to have my blood tested if I had any tattoos done abroad. Unbelievable.

How much taxpayers’ money was wasted on just those three issues alone. Millions for sure.

No comments: