Wednesday 18 March 2009

Twittering About My Second Life


I may live to regret this but, although clearly I worship the ground upon which the Great Iain Dale walks, I just don't get Twitter. Sorry. Tried it. Couldn't see the point.

If your are a celeb and want to tell your ultra loyal fan base what size poo you did this morning, then OK I can see it may have a use. (Note to The Great Iain Dale - loyal fan though I am, I need not know about any of your lavatorial ablutions). But other than that, I just don't get it.

And I follow this Luddite thinking with misgivings about Second Life. My brother-in-law is a clever intellectual language professor dude. He has taught English lessons to foreigners in virtual classrooms in Second Life. Apparently they lapped it up. For me, it just seems like strange, geeky, slightly weirdo behaviour.

Just guess I'm happy enough with my First Life.

No comments: